We are in an age where multi-million dollar liability settlements are not uncommon. Every day people are sued for many reasons ranging from minor mishaps around the home to serious injuries resulting from catastrophic car accidents. If you have assets to protect, it’s important they are adequately covered by your liability insurance policies for imposed legal judgments. This is where a personal umbrella policy can assist you.
Personal umbrella insurance provides the extra liability protection you need above and beyond your already established home and auto insurance policies. A personal umbrella policy would protect you, and everything you have worked so hard for, against large legal judgments by providing liability limits above those provided by your home and automobile policies.
In addition to the increased liability coverage a personal umbrella policy also provides the following benefits:
- Coverage against lawsuits, no matter how frivolous, for Libel, Slander & Defamation of Character.
- Payment for legal expenses should a claim not be covered by your other insurance
- Payment for loss of income incurred while preparing you legal defense
- Rental vehicle liability coverage outside of Canada & USA.
- Worldwide coverage, wherever you go, you’ll always have your umbrella coverage with you.
Young & Haggis includes a personal umbrella coverage as standard as part of our high value home insurance package. Umbrella packages are available with limits up to $15 million.